Thursday, May 23, 2002

Today is the the magic day! Last day of the TDY blog!

That's right, today I go home, back to the wife and kid, back to the big "X", back to lead (or wander aimlessly) the mushroom revolution. It's 10:39 now and only about another 20 minutes before we get "walked" out. First we have to fill out the paperwork that cancels our account and promises we won't discuss anything we saw (oops too late for that), etc. etc. We all know how that works.

The guys here got together and gave us some cake and I got a real nice card with comments inside. Everyone has told us how much they will miss us and how good of a co-worker I was. I feel almost kind of misty, but then I realize that I'm going HOME where I have co-workers that are missing me (at least I think they are). I set up the permanent out of office rule and I'm about to re-clone my machine to erase any incriminating evidence. I do have to admit, that I will miss working closely with the other TDY people, especially Ms Pat, Mr Tom, and Mr Fred. We had some fun times busting each other's chops, but now the only ones left here with be Ms Pat & Mr Fred. They are posted here until the middle of July. You folks might not know that Ms Pat has contributed quite a few documents to Ed's Place at the X, and it has been fun watching her chase these guys around trying to get them to sit down and walk through what they do so she can write it all down.

Of course I took lots of pictures yesterday and today, so you can see who all the people are, and while I'm on vacation I'll be re-vamping the Daily Bitch Homepage and posting all these fine pics.

Well it's time to roll! Signing off from Rockville, Maryland! No, don't worry, the blog will continue, because I sure that DeJuan is going to give me lots and lots to blog about. Thanks for tuning in, see you in a week!!

No comments: