Sunday, May 19, 2002

It's Sunday!!

I goofed up and now I'm afraid. See I said I was going over to help a buddy do some painting but I ran into a small snag. Actually two large ones and a small one. See, Saturday I was going to help paint, but Friday night, my brother Scot calls and says his girlfriend / mother of his child (there's more but we'll save that for the DB) is missing us and we haven't seen the new baby since it was born and could they come up? Sure, my wife says, but she has forgotten that she is going to be in class all day Saturday and I'll be doing the entertaining. I tried to broach the subject of leaving them alone for a couple of hours, but then we got into that "how do we lock the house AND what if you're not back and we need to get in" conversation.

Long story short, I didn't go. I kept meaning to call, but by the time I found the number it was 2 hours later then when I had planned to go over. So now I feel like a total shithead. Especially since I was trying to talk my fellow co-workers into going with me. Something tells me I really have a ration comeing my way for this little action, or should I say in-action.

Once again, I'm a dork.

No comments: