Thursday, March 05, 2009

Well boys and girls, it looks like it going to be official now. My last chance at staying with EDS just "poofed" because of some red tape. As of March 7 I'll be an ex-EDSer. Still got a couple more irons in the fire, but waiting is always the hardest part.

On the bright side... PAY ME! Yep, it looks like I get my severance package after all! I'll let you know how that works out.

You know, it's all starting to hit home. That's it... after 11yrs, wave bye-bye and see you! I'm really kind of bummed. Even though I knew it would mean losing my package, part of me was still hoping to stay there at EDS. It's been a love-hate relationship for sure. No, wait, that's wrong.

(EDIT: This will have to wait as I realize what I was about to type could have been construed as slander towards EDS - check back after I signed by paperwork - trust me, it will be worth it)

11 years, it has been a learning experience. I've been part of 2 re-orgs, a group sell-off, and at least been missed by the layoffs 8 times. This job became my career and now my career with this company is over. As one door shuts, another opens. That's my optomistic spirit speaking.

Now if you don't mind.. I'm going to go curl up in my blankets and have a good cry.

Out!

No comments: